Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2021

The Tsunami

        It was that time again… Our annual surfing trip to Raglan. While my parents packed up the suitcases and loaded up the car for the long journey ahead, we chatted excitedly about what an incredible holiday this was going to be!

Not too long into the journey, the beautifully clear, blue sky became dark and ominous. All of a sudden, crashing towards the long line of traffic, was a colossal wave – not the kind you’d want to catch on a board either…

Desperately, people raced wildly out of their cars, running, screaming and panicking yet as I looked to my left, I saw a man with his surfboard riding the wave until it picked up a car that crashed into him, turning him into a pink stain in the raging water. We continued to drive away from the wave but it was gaining on us and soon it grabbed our car and shook it around like an angry toddler. Inside the car it was like a washing machine as we spun around while water flooded in. SNAP my arm broke when I got slammed  into the roof and shards of glass cut my body and gorged one of my eyes out.

I managed to get out of the car and swim to the surface before I drowned only to see the corpses of my parents floating face down in the crimson water. After a few hours the warmth started to leave me and I slowly drifted to a blissful sleep.


1 comment:

  1. I really like how you used full stops and comas, i also like how you used blood. From jacob

    ReplyDelete