Pages

Friday, April 24, 2020

The Trenches



I bent down and hid in the trench as an artillery shell collided with the earth. I got back up and fired some rounds before ducking down again. Earlier this day I heard some people say that the Germans were going to try to invade Russia even though it was going to be winter soon.
Boom another artillery shot hit the ground as I thought how insane the German leader was. Then I heard someone shout ¨Plane Incoming!¨ I ducked to the ground again as several bombs were dropped onto no mans land.
I stood up and continued shooting at the invading German forces then I felt a pain in my heart as a bullet penetrated my chest and the world went black.

By Rata

1 comment:

  1. Good description of fighting in the trenches Rata. I could really picture what was happening. Sad ending though, but unfortunately war was like that.

    ReplyDelete