Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Left Behind Part 7

I dumped the bucket of fertiliser on the potatoes and went up to my room to look at the land drifting by as the Mariana lowered nets to gather fish and eels. As I looked over the plated walls surrounding the circular boat I saw a vast swarm of birds rise from the forest and fly off to the west.

I jumped onto the ground level and grabbed a fillet of fish off the drying rack and dropped it down my throat. As I began going back to the farms I heard a roar from the forest and people shouting. I turned around to see people running towards the entrance to the basement.

I went up to my room and looked out of the window to see a mutated beast charging towards the Mariana. I thought it would stop at the water's edge but it ran in the water and continued charging forwards, it was going to collide with the Mariana and destroy it when the beast got flung backwards by an underwater explosion and was knocked unconscious.

I continued looking at the creature as harpoons dug into its flesh and dragged it towards the Mariana. The beast struggled but to no avail, as soon as it was close enough small boats with two or three people rowed out to it and hacked at its flesh cutting off chunks of meat as one boat went up to its head and rammed a harpoon through its eyes killing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment