Pages

Friday, May 15, 2020

Left Behind Part 8

That night there was a feast and celebrations as the Mariana was moving again, it was a special occasion as the Mariana stayed in one place for up to 5 years. There were plenty of fun activities but I stayed in my room planning a way to escape this place.

I had been told that the Mariana drifts for weeks at a time and the bridge only opens for scouts to go out to survey the nearby area making it nearly impossible to escape, but there are motor boats that are sent out to make sure there are not any threats in the path of the Mariana.

My only chance is to get onto one of those motor boats, so I began writing to people that I wanted to be a boat scout and I was accepted. A few weeks later I was sent out on my first survey. 

As I glided on the top of the water I found out the name of the machines we were riding. Jet Skies. As the sun began to set we set up our camp underneath a rocky outcrop that hid us from the warm colourful rays of the sun. I was told it was to hide us from predators in the sky.

At midnight I stole some extra food and jumped onto the jet ski and flew down the river away into the dark unknown.  

No comments:

Post a Comment